Bugs and Issues

discussion of version 0.5 pre-release

Re: Bugs and Issues

Postby gregab on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:04 pm

Pulled from GitHub. Double-clicking the app in the repo does nothing (no error like the download build, but never launches). Trying to build the project in XCode also fails. First error is:

The file “Moviesandbox-Info.plist” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.

The rest of the errors are identical to what I'm seeing on the download 0.5 version.

-- Greg
gregab

Postby fiezi on Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:20 pm

Hey Greg,

thanks for the heads up! Moviesandbox prints log messages to the console, so if your app does not open, you might be able to find out why if you open the console Application and then try running MSB again.
What computer are you running it on? MSB requires an OpenGL 2.0 compatible graphics card. So far, I had no luck trying to get it to work on Intel Graphics on macBooks.
Also, are you on Mac OS 10.5 or 10.6?

I will check if the Moviesandbox.plist file doesn't exist in the repo and put it in there. Sorry.

Thanks so much for your feedback,

f
fiezi
Site Admin

Postby fiezi on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:38 pm

I accidentally didn't commit the Moviesandbox-Info.plist file. I re-committed it just now. All files should be accounted for hopefully.

f
fiezi
Site Admin

Postby NoahVawter on Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:52 am

If you're on intel and windows and get program crashes due to graphics card,
upgrade your graphics driver.

Some of those older drivers out there crash when the "draw triangle" command is used :shock:
NoahVawter

Previous

Return to Moviesandbox v0.5