Bugs and Issues

discussion of version 0.5 pre-release

Bugs and Issues

Postby fiezi on Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:58 pm

Hello there!
Please post all your bugs and issues with the current Moviesandbox prerelease in this forum. User feedback will help me get things ironed out sooner.

**** Important! ****
Please also include your operating system and the graphics card that you are using!

Thanks for your feedback!
fiezi
Site Admin

Re: Bugs and Issues

Postby Be_Civil on Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:32 pm

Mr. Kirschner:
Thank you very much for attempting an open source machinima studio. This is an exciting prospect for those of us with little money.

That said, may I point out a glitch with the download link for version 360? The link is missing the "www." prefix and I kept getting a "Not Found" error. When I typed it into my browser manually with the "www." prefix, it worked.

I wish you much success and no burnout with your project. As the medical folks like to say, "will follow with interest." (My brother's in the field.)

**UPDATE**
The Zip I got was incomplete and reported "bad header." So I tried again. This time, nothing works. I keep getting the "Not Found" error, even using the method that worked the first time.
Be_Civil

Postby fiezi on Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:14 am

Thanks so much for letting me know. It's a typo, totally my bad! I re-uploaded the package and double checked if it decompresses okay. Let me know if you still have problems and I'll look into providing an alternative download method.

f
fiezi
Site Admin

Postby Be_Civil on Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:56 am

Thank you, Mr. Kirschner! The download worked beautifully! I got the entire package this time, too.

I am using Windows XP with a 3DForce 5700LE-256 AGP card. It supports OpenGL 1.5.1.

When I run your program, it opens a window with an error message and closes it at once. After several dozen attempts, I was able to glean out the message that it cannot do "blending." It said it was trying to do something involving OpenGL 2.0.

I have e-mailed the card manufacturer in hopes of getting an updated driver.

Erick
Be_Civil

Postby fiezi on Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:27 pm

Hey Erick,

after doing some digging, I found out that the earliest NVidia card to support OpenGL 2.0 would be a GeForce 6 series card. However, apparently the newer drivers simulate all the functionality in software for GeForce 5 cards, so you might be able to get things working with newer drivers.
Let me know how things work out!
fiezi
Site Admin

Postby Be_Civil on Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:45 am

Mr. Kirschner:
Thank you for your efforts. I succeeded in getting a driver upgrade. From version 61 to version 175. How's that for a jump?

The new driver supports OpenGL 2.1. Unfortunately, this old card does not support shaders. Moviestorm reported that, but works around it. Your program detects it too, but cannot work around it.

I suspect that trying to support such old hardware would turn into a huge, time-wasting nightmare for a single inventor working part-time. It's probably a much better use of your time to move forward with what you have.

If I ever get a shader-capable card, I'll try your program again. In the meantime, I wish you great success, satisfaction and many helpers (and no burnouts) with your project.

Erick
Be_Civil

Postby clankill3r on Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:32 pm

Issue:
MovieSandBox won't start

I tried, bMultisample=”1″ and bMultisample=”0″ but it doesn't make a difference.
I use mac os x 10.6.5

videocard (i think this will be the issue):

no error shows up, nothing happens really
hope you can help :)
clankill3r

Postby fiezi on Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:37 pm

Hey Hey,

Intel graphics cards are a bit tough, but I'll see what I can do. There should be a new version out end of february and I'll keep the Intel GMA stuff in my head.
Sorry about that,

f
fiezi
Site Admin

Postby clankill3r on Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:21 am

thanks for letting me know.
I will check by the end of februari.
clankill3r

Postby gregab on Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:53 pm

Just downloaded 0.5 from the link on the site and it doesn't build and the included binary doesn't run. In XCode I get 84 errors, starting with:

Moviesandbox-Info.plist: No such file or directory

When I double click the app I get an error reading:

You can't open the application Moviesandbox because it may be damaged or incomplete.

I can try pulling from github now. Is there a last stable release?
gregab

Next

Return to Moviesandbox v0.5